Subject: Re: Root name servers (forgot original title)
To: None <>
From: None <>
List: current-users
Date: 07/19/1994 15:58:11
Michael Graff writes:
>I've just been told that there are supposed to be NO name servers
>at the level, just .arpa and  The
>fact that your servers are likely finding some bogus server
>is a bad setup on someone's part, not yours.
>>From, I can't even get TO that server...

There seems to be a rather wide spread problem on the net of bogus
nameserver records for

At this point in time there aren't suppsosed to be records for it.
People are working on getting it fixed, from the mail I've been getting
it looks like it could be a bit of a mess :-)

Dylan D Zehr
UNIX Systems Admin.
Dept. Telecommunications, Kansas State University, Manhattan KS  66506
vox 913.532.4505     fax 913.532.7114     email