Subject: Re: Root name servers (forgot original title)
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: None <ddzehr@telecom.ksu.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 07/19/1994 15:58:11
Michael Graff writes:

>I've just been told that there are supposed to be NO name servers
>at the in-addr.arpa level, just .arpa and xxx.in-addr.arpa.  The
>fact that your servers are likely finding some bogus server irc.scitex.com
>is a bad setup on someone's part, not yours.
>
>>From iastate.edu, I can't even get TO that server...
>
>--Michael

There seems to be a rather wide spread problem on the net of bogus
nameserver records for

in-addr.arpa.

At this point in time there aren't suppsosed to be records for it.
People are working on getting it fixed, from the mail I've been getting
it looks like it could be a bit of a mess :-)

--
Dylan D Zehr
UNIX Systems Admin.