Subject: Re: X11R6,i386 Makefile probs.
To: Andrew Wheadon <>
From: None <>
List: current-users
Date: 07/18/1994 16:45:51 (Andrew Wheadon) writes:
> I've just been messing with X11R6 to try and get it to compile under
> NetBSD-current, anyway it's failing at the point of making a main
> Makefile.

The version of XFree86 that comes with X11R6 is pretty useless,
since many of our patches weren't integrated in time for release.
I don't encourage you to try to fix it -- Even if you can get
everything running, the servers are slow and unstable.

Until XFree86 3.1 is released, I strongly recommend sticking with

That being said, you can fix the current problem you're having by

	ftruncate(fileno(tmpfd), 0);

	ftruncate(fileno(tmpfd), (off_t)0);

in xc/config/imake/imake.c.

Email:           | Brown University
PGP Key: finger       | Dept of Computer Science