Subject: Re: Testing executables across all m68k ports
To: None <rhealey@aggregate.com>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@cs.orst.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 07/18/1994 11:31:47
On Mon, 18 Jul 1994 11:57:50 -0500 (CDT)
 rhealey@aggregate.com wrote:

 > 	Since the m68k port has 4 implementations, hp300, Amiga, Mac and Sun 3,
 > 	has anybody checked to see if executables created on one will work
 > 	on the other 3?

A binary compiled on an hp300 will not run on an amiga and vice-versa...

./more: Exec format error. Wrong Architecture.

Amiga binary:
./more: NetBSD/m68k demand paged dynamically linked executable

hp300 binary:
/usr/bin/more: NetBSD/m68k4k demand paged dynamically linked executable

I do know that hp300 binaries will run on the sun3 (same type),
considering how we compiled a kernel for a sun3 on an hp300 and it
worked...:-)

Later...

Jason R. Thorpe                thorpej@cs.orst.edu                   754-1554
OSU CS Support                    CSWest Room 12                     737-5567
                           CSOS NetBSD/Symmetry Project