Subject: Re: ufs_mountroot
To: None <paranoid@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Collatz.McRCIM.McGill.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 07/16/1994 08:25:29
> I may be missing something obvious here, but I've tried to compile
[the kernel with]
> the 7/9 tarball using the most recent bin snapshot, and it doesn't
> link with:

> swapnetbsd.o: Undefined symbol `_ufs_mountroot' referenced from data segment

> I've grepped the whole source, and didn't find it anywhere...clues?

Your config.new binary is out of date with respect to your kernel
source.  Rebuild and reinstall config.new and do a reconfig and rebuild
(you may need to completely destroy the compile/xxx directory).  I had
the same problem when using a recent source tree with an older binary
tree.  (It's not ufs_mountroot any longer; it's ffs_mountroot.  The
reference is generated by config.new, which is why you need a new
config.new to make the problem go away.)

					der Mouse

			    mouse@collatz.mcrcim.mcgill.edu