Subject: FAQ: upgrading after sup
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Vax <vax@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 07/14/1994 03:55:02
I found a bit of a catch-22
zip201 needs new stdio package in libc (0.9's is buggy)
new libc needs new include files
Makefile for include files needs new options to find, and pax
which, probably, needs new include files

1) Suggestions?  Better way to upgrade?

Moreover, I got some i386 binaries and put them on a floppy... to try
booting from.  I created the fs from within 0.9.. and copied the bins over...
but it panics.. in swfree (errno 6)

2) Am I doing something wrong?

Is there a way to get part of the files from a collection in sup?
E.G. the stdio stuff in libc.  I am low on diskspace.

3) How to do that?

Thanks (a not-quite kernel hacker)
--
"God protect me from my friends, I can protect myself from my enemies" Voltaire
"What was heresy yesterday is commonplace today; heresy does not exist to