Subject: Strange place for cc's specs file
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Niklas Hallqvist <niklas@appli.se>
List: current-users
Date: 07/09/1994 15:10:42
It's not important but I thought I should ask anyway:
Is it intentional that cc looks for a specs file in /2.4.5?
Yes, that's a directory directly beneath root!  It would
be more natural to look in /usr/lib or something, don't
you think so?  Normally I use FSF's original gcc and then I know
where things are, but this time I had to use the sup(plied) :-)
version of cc, and I had to ktrace it to know where it looked
for it.  Well, as I said it's not important, I'll almost never
use NetBSD's cc anyway...

Niklas

Niklas Hallqvist	Phone: +46-(0)31-40 75 00
Applitron Datasystem	Fax:   +46-(0)31-83 39 50
Molndalsvagen 95	Email: niklas@appli.se
S-412 63  GOTEBORG, Sweden