Subject: MSDOS File System prob workaround found.
To: None <>
From: Dave Burgess <>
List: current-users
Date: 07/07/1994 18:51:20
I love having direct Internet access...

mtools works just fine.  I grabbed the one from  The only
warnings from the system were for lseek() and memcpy() redeclarations,
and I just wrapped them in an #ifndef NetBSD and then declared NetBSD.

It reads and writes the DOS floppies that I needed to get loaded, so I
am in hog heaven again.

I am going to take ten minutes this weekend and make up a list of the
drive names and their configurations for the FAQ.  Of course, I will
also include a pointer on how to find out the info yourself in case
their is a problem.  The ones I needed were fd0a (1.4M 3.5) and fd0f
(720K 3.5).  They are both drive 'A' and they work just fine.