Subject: Re: gas from current sup won't build
To: Brad Parker <brad@fcr.com>
From: Dave Burgess <burgess@s069.infonet.net>
List: current-users
Date: 07/07/1994 18:30:30

> I'm (finally) running a current kernel, and attempting to do a full
> build from the current sup.  All the libs build fine and I can build
> new kernels.
>
> rebuilding everything in /us/src I ran into the problem with pppd,
> which was easy to fix, and not the next snag seems to be gas.
> gas won't build due to compile errors in obj-aout.c
>
> /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/gas/config/obj-aout.c:43: `N_REGISTER' undeclared here (no\

I don't know about gas, but this sure looks like what I was getting
from the 'floppy' version of the bootblocks when I was trying to build
them last week.  I ended up deleting a HOOP of *.o, and *.a files.
Make clean just didn't hack it.  I had to destroy the contents of the
./obj directory in about four places before it would work.  I also had
to make sure that I was copying the .h files from sys/sys into the
/usr/include directory to keep everything lined up right.