Subject: Re: ???
To: Stephen Mathezer <>
From: Scott Reynolds <>
List: current-users
Date: 07/06/1994 16:20:44
On Wed, 6 Jul 1994, Stephen Mathezer wrote:

> Would someone be so kind as to send me a basic ??

Well, here's a better solution for you.  Go to usr.sbin/sendmail/cf/cf in
the source tree and generate your own config files with m4. The file
.../sendmail/cf/README explains how you can create a .mc file, but you can
start by tweaking the "canned" versions in sendmail/cf/cf.  Use the command

m4 >

to generate .cf files.

> I have tried several already, but mail seems to just go off into
> outer space.  Sendmail says it is delivering it, but it just
> vanishes.

This is often a symptom of using a pre-8.6.9 (at least) with
the 8.6.9 software in -current.

PS - I'm not affiliated with O'Reilly & Associates in any way, but I
heartily recommend their Sendmail book, which a section on v8