Subject: Re: bootstrapping a hp300
To: Tim Chase <tim@introl.introl.com>
From: Herb Peyerl <Herb.Peyerl@sidney.novatel.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 07/06/1994 14:32:20
: Could someone please give me a few pointers or pointers to a document
: telling how to bootstrap NetBSD onto an hp300 machine?  In particular,
: I'd like to know if it requires that hp-ux is already running on the
: machine.  FWIW, the machine is a 425 (from the readmes, it looks like
: that machine is supported?).

If you can wait a short while; we're cutting a release soon and I plan to
have an hp300 release done at that time. There will be a root-image and
tarballs available.  The 425's *are* supported so you have little to worry
about there.

You don't necessarily need hpux installed but you'll need access to some
machine that has similarly-endianed scsi and  a 'dd' command.

hpeyerl@novatel.ca                           |  NovAtel Commnications Ltd.
hpeyerl@fsa.ca                               | <nothing I say matters anyway>
 "A sucking chest wound is nature's way of telling you to slow down."