Subject: Re: can't sup
To: None <Marc@synergytics.com>
From: Michael L. VanLoon -- Iowa State University <michaelv@iastate.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 07/01/1994 13:31:52
>From what I can tell, the privilaged-socket flavor of supfilesrv on sun-lamp
>regularly becomes hung. Luckily, they are also running a non-privilaged
>supfilesrv, which appears to work fine. So, try running "sup -P" and see if
>that helps any...

Except that that port, if I remember right, (correct me if I'm wrong)
was intended to be used for mirrors and other supservers to use to
update themselves, not for user connections.  If you start dominating
that port with users, your mirrors and secondary supservers are never
going to get updated in a timely fashion.

				--Michael

 Michael L. VanLoon                 Iowa State University Computation Center
    michaelv@iastate.edu                    Project Vincent Systems Staff
  Free your mind and your machine -- NetBSD free Un*x for PC/Mac/Amiga/etc.