Subject: Re: can't sup
To: None <bdc@ai.mit.edu, current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu, dave@dogwood.com>
From: Noriyuki Soda <soda@sran230.sra.co.jp>
List: current-users
Date: 07/01/1994 23:14:04

   :
> FTP, SMTP, ping all seem to work okay, just not sup :-(

Me too.

for example:

	sraihb.sra.co.jp% telnet sup.netbsd.org smtp
	Trying...
	Connected to sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu.
	Escape character is '^]'.
	220-sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu Sendmail 8.6.9/8.6.9 ready at Fri, 1 Jul 1994 07:07:02 -0700
	220 ESMTP spoken here
	quit
	221 sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu closing connection
	Connection closed by foreign host.
	sraihb.sra.co.jp% telnet sup.netbsd.org supfilesrv
	Trying...
	telnet: connect: Connection timed out

"Connection timed out" is something strange, because if supfilesrv dies,
It should be "Connection refused".

c.f.

	% telnet sup.netbsd.org 12345
	Trying...
	telnet: connect: Connection refused
--
soda@sra.co.jp		Software Research Associates, Inc., Japan
(Noriyuki Soda)		   software tools and technology group