Subject: Re: rmt problem.
To: Theo de Raadt <>
From: Gerard J van der Grinten <>
List: current-users
Date: 06/29/1994 08:38:38
Hello Theo,
> does svr4's rmt accept a '\n' as well as ' '?
> if it does, the the change is probably valid, as well as updating the
> man page to indicate that ours will handle either of the two.
NO, I checked the code (in CDC's EP/IX version of Unix , where BSD. SVR3 and
SVR4 are living happely thogether as one system...) and the code in rmt
is the same as in NetBSD. The man page is screwed ind I will file a complaint
report (PSR) to them. So: "our" NetBSD rmt is fine, nothing wrong with,
my patch (not published) was quickly removed.
Regards, Gerard.
PS, As stated before, I was jumping conclusions too fast...
Gerard J van der Grinten  []
Elzenlaan 8                       (temporary qrl)
3467 TJ Driebruggen       (home)
Netherlands       (+031)-34871606  Home. (+031)-52748435 Qrl.