Subject: Re: to BPF or not to BPF...
To: jason downs <downsj@csos.orst.edu>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@cs.orst.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 06/21/1994 16:41:00
On Tue, 21 Jun 1994 10:25:27 -0700
 jason downs <downsj@CSOS.ORST.EDU> wrote:

 > my impression is that BPF is similar to the SunOS NIT 'feature'.
 >
 > what sort of things break is you don't support BPF in your kernel?

The more important question to as is "How can I use the BPF in a secure
manner?"  You can always tighten up perms on the bpf...

 > --
 > -------------------// jason downs // downsj@CSOS.ORST.EDU //------------------
 > 		  http://www.CSOS.ORST.EDU/downsj/index.html
 >       "what i used to think was me is just a fading memory..." -- NiN/PHM

Jason R. Thorpe                thorpej@cs.orst.edu                   737-9533
OSU CS Support                    CSWest Room 12                     737-5567
      'These are my opinions and not necessarily those of anyone else.'
            NetBSD/Symmetry - Coming soon to a Sequent near you!