Subject: Re: level 1 ffs & large kernel
To: Zdenek Salvet <>
From: Michael L. VanLoon -- Iowa State University <>
List: current-users
Date: 06/21/1994 10:51:44
> Is there any way how to boot large kernel ( 692KB) and still use
> level 1 ffs ? ( fsck -c 2 seems little risky to me )

> Zdenek Salvet  (

I'm running an 800k kernel right now with no problems at all from the
May 1st sources (read: no level 2 FFS).  Do you have old boot blocks?
That might be what's killing you.  My boot blocks were pretty close to
current on May 1st.

 Michael L. VanLoon                 Iowa State University Computation Center                    Project Vincent Systems Staff
  Free your mind and your machine -- NetBSD free Un*x for PC/Mac/Amiga/etc.