Subject: Re: restore(8) broken
To: Chris G. Demetriou <>
From: Thorsten Lockert <tholo@SigmaSoft.COM>
List: current-users
Date: 06/18/1994 02:11:26
> if you need it, i can uuencode and send you an old version of 'restore'.
> I tend to be very careful about keeping them around.  8-)
> It's most likely because, with the new FS changes, the inode format
> changed, and dump writes inodes out to tape, etc., etc., etc.

I have one, as well as a "current" restore from mycroft.  The "current"
one from him reacts the same way, while the old one from a couple of
weeks ago works.

I guess it is something caused by the dump being made from an "old"

Thorsten Lockert  |   |
Postbox 435       |   |  Universe, n.:
N-5001 Bergen     |        |          The problem.
Norway            | |