Subject: exabyte 8200 problem
To: None <>
From: Yeng-Chee Su <>
List: current-users
Date: 06/18/1994 03:44:44
  Have anyone tried exabyte 8200 tape driver on NetBSD?  It seems the new
SCSI system doesn't recognize the type of the tapes.  It can't display
the status by 'mt -f /dev/rst0 status', though it can be written.  I've
met a severe problem on the tape driver.  It is not reliably read.  When
I use dd to read the tape or tcopy to tracing the tape, it may have some
timeout on SCSI and cause kernel panic.  Since I don't compile DDB in,
the system crash now unless I press RESET button.  Is there a patch or
my kernel is something old?  The binary I currently use is June 4 supped
source.  The machine is a Intel486DX2-66, Adpatec 1542C, Maxtor 7345S,
Fujitsu 2694E, NEC CDR210 and Exabyte 8200.

  /             National Chiao Tung University in Taiwan                 / \
 |  Name: Yeng-Chee Su              Dept:  Computer Engineering         |__/
 |  Phone: +886-35-783513           E-mail:    |