Subject: Re: Multi-Port serial cards
To: Michael L. VanLoon -- Iowa State University <michaelv@iastate.edu>
From: Dave Cornejo <dave@dogwood.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/16/1994 14:37:30
michaelv@iastate.edu:
> Just which multi-port serial cards, exactly, work properly with
> NetBSD-current?  We're wanting to set up a current machine here in the
> Telecomm machine room to log all the serial consoles on the various
> equipment around the room, as well as to act as a UUCP hub for all the
> serial machines there and around campus.
>
> Is the AST card the only known working card?  Which AST card, exactly,
> is known to work?

I've been using an STB 4-port card for several months - but I do have
it set up for four individual IRQs.  It's got all kinds of strapping
options for I/O address, IRQs and IRQ sharing and best of all they
are quite cheap by my reckoning.

--
Dave Cornejo                                There is nothing so subtle
Dogwood Media                                           as the obvious