Subject: Re: Help with COM ports
To: None <allen@cssg4.cslab.ds.boeing.com>
From: Greg Cronau <gregc@edi.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/15/1994 16:01:57
allen@cssg4.cslab.ds.boeing.com

>On Jun 15,  1:34pm, Greg Cronau wrote:
>>BTW, for those us that are ETLA challenged, I'm having trouble parsing
>>"AFAIK" ???
>
>AFAIK = As Far As I Know.
>
>What's the E in ETLA?  (TLA is Three Letter Acronym, is E extended?)

Sorry in advance for cluttering the list with this silliness, but a number
of people asked and it's been a slow day....

Yes, technically speaking, "ETLA" is an ETLA, or "Extended TLA" in the
general case or FLA(Four Letter Acronym) in the specific case. It is
not yet known whether ETLA refers specifically to FLA's or any LA greater
than 3. The ANSI committee can't agree with the POSIX people and OSI is
trying to make it fit into 7 layers......

:-)
Gregc@edi.com