Subject: tcp options problem?
To: None <>
From: Tim Chase <>
List: current-users
Date: 06/10/1994 10:28:18

I've noticed with recent kernels that I'm getting a lot of wierd looking
tcp options send with every packet when telnetting or rlogging to another
NetBSD system.  Has anyone else seen this?  I discovered it because it really
slowed down interactive performance over a PPP link.  Is it a bug?

						- Tim Chase

PS: Here's an example from tcpdump (run through fold to avoid a long line).
This was from a rlogin session on pokey.introl.tom to
Most of the packets don't have quite so many options.

10:20:49.338031 > P ack 33 win 8760
e41f00004006832ac07c2b5cc07c2b6103fd020167f8> [tos 0x10]

Here's one with fewer options and in the opposite direction:

10:20:52.058104 > . ack 324 win 8723