Subject: Re: file system update
To: Drew Hess <dhess@CS.Stanford.EDU>
From: Volker A. Brandt <volker@sfb256.iam.uni-bonn.de>
List: current-users
Date: 06/08/1994 12:00:19
> I don't suppose there will be any painless way to convert existing filesystems
> to LFS, will there?  Not that I'm expecting anyone in the core team to make
> this possible, I'm just wondering if by some miracle there's a utility in
> 4.4Lite to do this.  Probably I'll just have to back everything up to tape
> and start newfs'ing my partitions....

I think you should do that anyway, because (1) in the process you make a
backup :-)  and (2) after you have reinstalled from tape, your fs will not
be as fragmented as before.

-- Volker

                                                       Volker A. Brandt
Internet: volker@sfb256.iam.uni-bonn.de                Angewandte Mathematik
Phone/FAX: +49 228 63 36 84                            (Bonn, Germany)