Subject: Re: compiling ps on current 2-June
To: None <gsl@mlb.dmt.csiro.au>
From: Jarle Greipsland <jarle@idt.unit.no>
List: current-users
Date: 06/08/1994 11:31:45
Geoff Lamb <gsl@mlb.dmt.csiro.au> writes:

> kvm_proc.o: Undefined symbol _sysctl referenced from text segment
> kvm_proc.o: Undefined symbol _sysctl referenced from text segment
> kvm.o: Undefined symbol ___fdnlist referenced from text segment
> *** Error code 1
[ ... ]
> Any suggestions? I have compiled and installed libkvm and libm.
You need a new C-library, i.e. /usr/lib/libc.a.  Both sysctl and
fdnlist should be defined there.  Usually, when building world from
scratch, I just type 'make build' in /usr/src.  You may want to take a look
at the Makefile there.

> Another question. Why are there no files in /usr/src/lib/libl ?
If you take a look at the Makefile in /usr/src/lib/libl you'll see that it
fetches its source files from /usr/src/usr.bin/lex.  The /usr/src/lib/libl
directory is just for building.

					-jarle
----
"... except from the fact that it doesn't work, what do you think about the
     program?"