Subject: AMD/Cyrix DX/2's, 3c501 cards
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: John Booth <JOHN@gab.unt.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 06/06/1994 12:22:52
I have a few questions--am going to upgrade/install a new system.  Is
anyone having problems with the AMD or Cyrix DX chips (not the cyrix
DLC/SLC's).  Is there any reason not to buy a MB that uses a
Cyrix/AMD DX chip?  Is there any reason not to buy a MB that uses 72
pin simms--they are very competatively priced now (the ram is).

Are the 3c501 cards supported--I know they are kinda old but I have a
few.
|John A. Booth                   osmesne seurrunged mi keyo!!! |
|(It'll look prettier as I edit it later)                      |