Subject: GCC versus
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Mark P. Gooderum <mark@aggregate.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/03/1994 15:22:35
I ran accross the following difference in getting the Cygnus GCC reno 1.3
stuff going.

In NetBSD current, the i386 <machine/ansi.h> defines _BSD_WCHAR_T_ to an
int which is what wchar_t becomes...yet in
src/gnu/usr.bin/gcc2/arch/i386/tm.h it's defined as an unsigned short int
and the WCHAR_TYPE to a "short unsigned int" and WCHAR_SIGNED is defined to
1.

I can't tell if this has any effect, but it looks like it may cause different
files to get different wchar_t types defined.  Even if this happened,
as best I can tell this would only matter within gcc where wchars are used
in functions without a prototype, I don't know if this is at all?

Can someone more in the know about his say if this would matter?  Is
this difference on purpose?

-Mark