Subject: Re: Building from May 30 Sources
To: Len Burns <>
From: Jason Thorpe <>
List: current-users
Date: 06/01/1994 01:31:49
On Tue, 31 May 1994 21:04:04 -0700 (Len Burns) wrote:

 > I have just completed a build from May 30 sources with for the most
 > part excellent results.  Thanks to whoever fixed pppd.  Defaultroute
 > now works, very nice.  The only problem I had was with gnu.  This is
 > how it died:

I fixed this problem by doing an rm -rf /usr/include/g++ and then
reinstalling /usr/src/include and /usr/src/gnu/lib/libg++...

 > ===> libgroff

 > In file included from
 > /usr/include/g++/stdio.h:119: conflicting types for `char * fgets (char *, int, struct __sFILE*)'
 > /usr/include/stdio.h:219: previous declaration of `char * fgets (char *, unsigned int, struct __sFILE*)'
 > *** Error code 1
 > My question more than anything is whether there is any good reason to
 > rebuild the gnu stuff at this point in time.  Thanks for suggestions.
 > -Len

Jason R. Thorpe                         737-9533
OSU CS Support                    CSWest Room 12                     737-5567
      'These are my opinions and not necessarily those of anyone else.'
            NetBSD/Symmetry - Coming soon to a Sequent near you!