Subject: Re: 1542C
To: Greg Cronau <gregc@edi.com>
From: Michael Graff <explorer@vorpal.com>
List: current-users
Date: 05/24/1994 22:52:27
>We're thinking of setting up -current at work. I seem to remember somebody
>saying they had problems with an Adaptec 1542C board awhile back. What's
>the status of this board? Does it work ok now, or are there still Problems?

Works for me -- now.  I did have some oddities at one point however.

It was a mix of a ``bad'' external CPU cache (which works now) and a ``bad''
controller termination resister (replaced it)

Just be sure the 1542C was repaired -- it should have a little capicator
soldered near the external scsi connector.  If not, call Adaptec.

--Michael

--
Michael Graff                 <explorer@vorpal.com>
1304 Florida #3               (515) 296-2735