Subject: Re: XFree86 binaries for current?
To: Thorsten Lockert <tholo@sigmasoft.com>
From: Luke Mewburn <lm@rmit.edu.au>
List: current-users
Date: 05/17/1994 10:31:09
> Does anyone have XFree86-2.1.1 or 3.0 binaries for current
> available for FTP?  Preferrably ones that use libc.so.11.x?

I've just compiled up (from scratch), X11R5 with Xfree86-2.1.1, on
the latest srcs. I intend (in the next couple of days) to make
a) a binary distribution of netbsd-current, and
b) a linkkit (shared only) of Xfree86-2.1.1 for the above.

I know other people have done this, but I think I'm the only person
who has done it where:
1) used the non-US crypt (written by davidb@werj.com.au), and
2) used the non-US Wraphelp.c for xdm (by eay@psych.psy.uq.oz.au? )

If I can drag my HD's into work tomorrow I'll put it on my anon. ftp
site and mail this list again.

& I finally decided to try & get X running at home. 3 compiles later
  (I wanted to do it myself :) and a bit of hair pulling (like,
  finding out about ttyv0 needs to be renamed back to ttyqf), and
  last night, I had X &

lm.
--
Luke Mewburn			System Administrator & Programmer, Technical
Email: <lm@rmit.edu.au>		Services Group, RMIT Computer Science