Subject: Weirdnesses with Saturday's sources...
To: None <netbsd-current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Dave Burgess <root@s069.infonet.net>
List: current-users
Date: 05/15/1994 22:05:15
Hello all,

Just a quick report to let everyone know how things are going.

1.  The coreing problem I was having is fixed.  I needed the new kernel
before the new utilities.

2.  I now am having a problem (that was previously reported) with vi
not wanting to talk to the screen.  I checked the status with 'ps' and
it says that vi is blocking with an 'S+' status.  No big deal, it works
great on the VT102.  Any ideas why?

3.  Has any done anything to the floppy drive code lately.  Whenever I
try to access a floppy using the fd0d device (as in mount -t msdos...)
I get all kind of read errors.  Hard read errors.  Like the drive isn't
responding.  The drive probes alright during the boot up.  The select
light comes on and everything (except the read errors) makes it look
like it should be working.  When I try to access fd0c, the drive reads
OK, but the directory structure is toast.  I looks like the fd0c device
might be pointing to an offset onto the disk instead of the beginning.
This was working in the sources from the 8th.

4.  I understand that this has been an eventful week-end.  Could we try
and do it so it doesn't coincide with Friday the 13th next time :-)