Subject: Re: Everything I compile core dumps....
To: Dave Burgess <>
From: None <>
List: current-users
Date: 05/14/1994 17:16:36
> Well, this has been an interesting couple of days.
> I rebuilt the kernel last week:
> -rwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  768862 May  8 21:50 /netbsd
> Now, whenever I recompile a program, it core dumps with this error:
> Bad system call (core dumped)
> Any good ideas?

You're not the only one who had this problem.  When I upgraded from
May 2's kernel to May 8's kernel, I noticed that:

 1. Old dynamic executables wouldn't work with the new kernel
 2. New dynamic executables wouldn't work with the old kernel

I was able to upgrade by a carefully orchestrated process, which
included plenty of backups.  :-)

I am also confused that other people didn't post about this.  Maybe if
I had been keeping up to date every day I wouldn't have had the

Email:           | Brown University
PGP Key: finger       | Dept of Computer Science