Subject: Re:Building gcc-2.5.8
To: None <netbsd-current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Guenther Grau <s_grau@ira.uka.de>
List: current-users
Date: 05/13/1994 15:47:11
Ewan Tempero <Ewan.Tempero@comp.vuw.ac.nz> wrote:
>I have been trying to build gcc-2.5.8. When I compared stage3 with stage2
>I got differences in the following files:
[...]
>I assume someone has already done this (surely someone other than me
>wants a more up-to-date g++). Can said someone please shed any light
>on what my problem is?

What about incorporating a more up-to-date gcc than gcc-2.4.5 into the source
tree? If there are any diffs between the stock gcc and the one we need for
NetBSD, why not reporting them back to the gcc maintainers and have them create
some defines for NetBSD in gcc? I don't think that it will be a great problem
to have the gnu-folks incorporating our changes. This would make it easier to
port gcc to NetBSD in future releases.

>I'm running Netbsd-current of about april 29 (timezones etc make it hard
>to be precise). I configured with i386-unknown-bsd, there being no
>netbsd available.

See above.

Any comments?

  Guenther