Subject: Misc ramblings
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Kim Andersen <kim@dde.dk>
List: current-users
Date: 05/09/1994 00:06:45
Hi all.

(Maybe this should only have gone to the core team)

1. What are the current goals keeping version 1.0 from materialising ?
   Are we waiting for 4.4Lite and integration of this ?
   I see a lot of changes going on but find it hard to see where it
   is leading.

2. Would there be any idea in starting a repository of ported packages ?
   I guess most of the people using NetBSD want to have source for the
   things on their machine. At least thats my view.
   Some people out there probably lacks the resources in compiling/porting
   bigger packages, so it would be a nice service to provide.
   Anyone having the disk available to offer archiving ? Maybe iastate.edu ?

regards
kim