Subject: Re: Patches for slattach(???)
To: Michael Graff <explorer@vorpal.com>
From: Dave Burgess <burgess@s069.infonet.net>
List: current-users
Date: 05/08/1994 09:53:37

> While I like the baud set to 38400, the pid file is a bad idea mostly
> because there can be more than one slattach running at any time on two
> seperate ports.  I do this once in a while for testing slip, for example.

Actually, the 'IDEA' wasn't bad, but from the comments I've recevied
(and the excellent suggestions about better ways to do it) I think that
the patches are actually not a real great implementation.

I still think that some kind of functionality like this would be a
boon, but I need to think on how I need to implement it better.

If I were to just say 'Nevermind', would anyone be upset?

I will continue to add this functionality as a patch, but I will work
on improving the implementation later.

> >1.  They add the functionality of creating a pid file.
> >! #define PIDFILE "/var/run/slattach.pid"
> >! #define DEFAULT_BAUD	38400

In the mean time, I have to try and get a FAQ out.

Dave