Subject: PPP forgets IP address
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Dave Cornejo <dave@dogwood.com>
List: current-users
Date: 05/04/1994 16:53:55
A while back and reappearing recently I was having troubles with my
PPP interface forgetting it's IP address on ICMP/UDP packets. The
latest incarnation will start outputting apparently random IP
addresses (God know who I'm pissing off) after a while when I try ping
or traceroute. In past lives and up until a day or two ago it would
start sending out its IP address as 0.0.0.0. I haven't found a decent
way to recover from this short of rebooting. Has anybody else seen
this?

--
Dave Cornejo                                There is nothing so subtle
Dogwood Media                                           as the obvious