Subject: newsyslog & cron
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Donald G. Yuniskis <dgy@mcs.com>
List: current-users
Date: 05/04/1994 08:50:45
Greetings!
   I've noticed sporadic crashes of an (admittedly) older (4/6)
current. The system runs fine, unattended and lightly loaded for
a day or so, then dies "on the hour". On reboot, there's always
at least one pretty good sized disk terd reported (I've disabled
fsck -p in favor of fsck). Suspecting newsyslogd, I've commented
out all lines of newsyslog.conf. It's been a few days and no
crash yet. I suspect problem to be with rolling over the accounting
file. Has anyone else seen (fixed?) this? I'll report further
findings...