Subject: Re: Dumb SLIP question.
To: None <>
From: Michael L. VanLoon -- Iowa State University <>
List: current-users
Date: 05/03/1994 19:14:46
>>	Netbsd apparently lacks the "sldialup" command I'm familiar with.
>>What's the best way to *initiate* the slip connection from the caller's
>>side. I've tried using tip/cu, but once I'm done and exit from it, it
>>hangs up the phone.

>I run screen, use cu to dial in, then ~!slattach [options], then detach
>screen.  Gross, but it works.

That *is* ugly. ;-)

I simply use kermit.  When the session is connected, you type ctrl-\
z, which suspends the kermit sessions and brings you back to the
shell, where you can type your pppd command, or slattach.

 Michael L. VanLoon                 Iowa State University Computation Center                    Project Vincent Systems Staff
  Free your mind and your machine -- NetBSD free Un*x for PC/Mac/Amiga/etc.