Subject: Re: A few observations
To: Frank van der Linden <>
From: Jason Thorpe <>
List: current-users
Date: 04/29/1994 10:40:25
On Fri, 29 Apr 1994 10:32:23 +0200 (Frank van der Linden) wrote:

 > 3. I compiled a kernel with pcvt, and it works ok, except that Xfree 2.0
 >    (yes, 2.0 a version that I compiled a while ago) sometimes jumps
 >    sidewards for about half the screen. Without immediate cause, as
 >    far as I can see. XFree used to work flawlessly when I tried out
 >    pcvt in older kernels. Maybe it is something that has been fixed
 >    in 2.1. Moving the mouse cursor around to make XFree scroll it's
 >    virtual screen brings the screen back to normal again.

2.1 is working well for me...Fast as hell, considering that I have a
non-accel. video board...

Jason R. Thorpe                         737-9533
OSU CS Support                    CSWest Room 12                     737-5567
      'These are my opinions and not necessarily those of anyone else.'
            NetBSD/Symmetry - Coming soon to a Sequent near you!