Subject: amd hangs
To: current-users <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@ensta.fr>
List: current-users
Date: 04/29/1994 10:16:08
	Hi,
I've got a problem whith NetBSD-current and amd. We use it to mount users's
home directory (Which are on sparc2, sunos 4.1.1 server), /var/mail (which is
on a sun3, sunos 4.1.1), and some directory from Solbourne s4000 servers,
sunos 4.1.2.
Sometimes amd hang, most oftem at logging, when 3 of the mount points
are requested at the same time, but sometimes sereval hours after loggin to.
The machine hang a few time after. The kernel and the running processes
witch are not waiting for amd work fine, but i can't do any i/o operation
( as starting a ps). I thing it get out of i/o buffers.
One time i've been able to start a ps just after amd's hang. The main
process of amd was waiting for 'select' (WCHAN field), and the sub-process
was waiting for 'nfsnode'.

Any ida about this problem ?

PS: i'm currently running NNetBSD-curent, tar-balls 16/04/94. I've got this
problem since the tar-ball 06/02/94 (Or something like this). I've tried to
run amd5.3 (standart amd distribution), i've got the same problem.

--
Manuel Bouyer, Ecole Nationale Superieure de Techniques Avancees, Paris
email: bouyer@ensta.fr