Subject: xcdplayer
To: Michael L. VanLoon -- Iowa State University <michaelv@iastate.edu>
From: Matthieu Herrb <matthieu@laas.fr>
List: current-users
Date: 04/27/1994 08:35:32
You wrote (in your message from Tue 26)

 > Does anyone have xcdplayer or WorkMan working with a Mitsumi CD ROM
 > drive and NetBSD-current?  The FreeBSD version looks like it will take
 > a bit of coaxing to work with the mcd driver.  If someone's already
 > done it, I'd rather just use yours. :-)

If you've a working XView library, I have a working WorkMan. I cannot
get XView to work after the April 1 joke (off_t change). I recompiled
it and now all binaires dump core just after mapping their windows.

I tried 3 sources: the old port of XView 3 that was done I think by
Amancio Hasty, my self-done port of XView 3.2 and the FreeBSD port of
XView 3.2: allways the same problem. When it happens the stack is
completly corrupted so it's very hard to find out.

Anyway, I have a WorkMan that works with NetBSD SCSI cd interface,
using the CDIOCPLAYTRACKS ioctl. So it should also work on mcd.

					Matthieu