Subject: Aliens ate my wd8013
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Frank van der Linden <vdlinden@fwi.uva.nl>
List: current-users
Date: 04/26/1994 12:55:36
As a few people reported before: the ie driver seems to destroy wd8013
cards. I had one in a 386/33, and after the ie driver complained about
'3c507: can not map memory' or something like that, the card appears
to be broken (setup programs don't recognize it anymore, set jumpers
to anything you like: nothing).

I know that any NetBSD binaries (especially the -current ones) come without
any warranty, so I am not complaining (and I had another card lying around).
I am not sure if this problem has been fixed by now in the source tree,
but there are several generic kernels around on ftp sites that eat
wd8013 cards for breakfast.. time to remove them?

- Frank