Subject: Re: Binary snapshot
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu, martin@euterpe.owl.de>
From: None <mycroft@gnu.ai.mit.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 04/22/1994 03:09:43
   But the thing I'm realy worried about is: why doesn't my self-compiled
   kernel work? It dies in fsck...

1) What do you mean by `self-compiled'?  Do you mean you compiled it?
>From what sources?  (Where did you get them and when?)

2) What do you mean by `died'?  Spewed a billion errors?  Hung?  (With
or without disk activity?)  Panicked?  (What panic message?)

Folks, I don't want to be too rude, but we are not running a free tech
support service.  If you don't supply enough info, the reports will often
get silently dropped because nobody gets around to trying to figure out
what you were talking about.

BTW, the `stray interrupt' messages are not generated at all by more
recent kernels unless you have `options DEBUG'.