Subject: Re: libkvm/kvm.c compile problem
To: None <cgd@postgres.berkeley.edu, jmc@cis.ksu.edu>
From: Tom Crockett <tmc@netcom.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/21/1994 23:14:03
I had asked:

and "Chris G. Demetriou" <cgd@postgres.berkeley.edu> answered:

and jmc@cis.ksu.edu (James M Chacon) also answered:

>This sounds like include files are out of date somewhere. The first
>thing I *always* do before rebuilding anything that changes is to
>cd /usr/src/include and make install. This avoids a lot of otherwise
>elusive headaches later on when making the system again.

And of course that is also one of the first things I do.  Which is why
I was baffled.  I just got the sys/vm dir from iastate and there are
april 15 files.  I'm not sure what happened as I had loaded this system
with tarred binaries and source files dated the 16th and was able to
complete a src tree make and kernel makes while checking the if_ep
driver on the 19th.  Weird.  I do tend to work late at night so anything's
possible... Thanks for directing me back to the real problem.

Tom