Subject: Binary snapshot
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@euterpe.owl.de>
List: current-users
Date: 04/21/1994 07:19:16
I installed the last binary snapshot from sun-lamp and the netbsd-aha
kernel. Everything works fine, but I have my SMC card configured
at 300/10/d0000, so it isn't recognized by the generic kernel.

No problem, I ftp'd sys.tar.gz from last saturdays tar files
and build a new kernel (GENERICAH with the ed0 line changed).
The kernel build fine with a few warnings, but when I boot it,
it dies in fsck: 16: can't seek. Ls and df work at that point
(and show the right things), but I don't dare to investigate
much further with an unhappy fsck :-)

Any hints?

Martin

BTW: I just tried changing my SMC setup, but it isn't found any more
     by ezsetup, seems like the ed driver screwed it up?!?