Subject: Binary snapshot
To: None <martin@euterpe.owl.de>
From: Gordon W. Ross <gwr@jericho.mc.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/20/1994 20:51:48
> From: martin@euterpe.owl.de (Martin Husemann)
> Date: Thu, 21 Apr 1994 07:19:16 -0700 (PDT)

> BTW: I just tried changing my SMC setup, but it isn't found any more
>      by ezsetup, seems like the ed driver screwed it up?!?

The SMC (or WD) Ethernet cards are unusual in that they have NVRAM
to store configuration settings that most cards do with jumpers.
One of the things you can change is the I/O base address, so once
you change it, the card no longer responds at the old address.
I think the EZSETUP program will look for the card at all the
possible I/O addresses to find it.  Could it possibly have been
changed to an address that conflicts with other hardware?

Gordon Ross