Subject: mountfs and dblspace
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Craig M. Chase <chase@pine.ece.utexas.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 04/20/1994 10:40:15
In the wonderful world of DOS, filesystem compression utilities are
becoming popular.  With the DOS 6.2 I just installed on my machine, I
was encouraged to use dblspace.  Apparently there's some other
popular package named "stacker" or some such.

Well, my dblspace'd msdos filesystem wouldn't mount with mount_msdos,
so I concluded that the compressed variants of DOS filesystems are
not currently supported by NetBSD.

Does anyone know what it would take to support these guys?  Is there
a standard format for the compression used?

Thanks,

Craig

--
Craig Chase --- Assistant Professor                     (512) 471 7457
Electrical and Computer Engineering             Fax:    (512) 471 5907