Subject: Re: upgrading to current from 0.9
To: Scott Reynolds <scott@lisa.acs.nmu.edu>
From: Michael L. VanLoon -- Iowa State University <michaelv@iastate.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 04/20/1994 01:57:59
Scott Reynolds writes:
>Michael, I'm a NetBSD-current user, and I keep forgetting to ask you this
>question: do you have a sup server running as well?  Just wondering if I
>can take the load of supporting my system off of sun-lamp...
>
>Thanks.

I assume this is WRT ftp.iastate.edu as a current mirror:

Not at the moment, unfortunately.  We'd like to, but currently can't.
Our ftp machine serves all its data off an AFS volume, and AFS doesn't
preseve the UFS permissions properly when sup uploading/downloading.
So a sup scan doesn't get the right information.

If we are able to get a local drive added to the machine sometime that
can handle the space requirements, we'll open up sup.  Until then,
we'll simply have to provide just ftp access.

				--Michael

 Michael L. VanLoon                 Iowa State University Computation Center
    michaelv@iastate.edu                    Project Vincent Systems Staff
  Free your mind and your machine -- NetBSD free Un*x for PC/Mac/Amiga/etc.