Subject: upgrading to current from 0.9
To: None <>
From: Mark Townley <>
List: current-users
Date: 04/19/1994 15:22:42
hi all,

I just can't believe I'm the only person with this problem.  I
currently have a vanilla netbsd 0.9 binary installation.  I am
desperate to upgrade to current.  I have unpacked the current
source tree on my sparc 10 at work and NFS mounted it from my
NetBSD machine.  I do the following :

setenv MACHINE_ARCH i386
cd /usr/src/share/mk
make install
cd /usr/src/include
make && make install
setenv LDSTATIC -static
setenv NOPIC
cd /usr/src/lib/libc
make && make install

At this point I can still compile things, but the resulting
executables just dump core.  For example :

cd /usr/src/usr.bin/tsort

running tsort from /usr/src/usr.bin just core dumps with bad
system call, in function stat or fstat I think.

So for some unknown reason I seem to be failing to build libc.a

I'd be very grateful for some help in this matter.

Thanks in advance

Mark Townley
Praxis Systems
20 Manvers street