Subject: Merging SIO from FreeBSD
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Robert Shady <rls@zeus.id.net>
List: current-users
Date: 04/18/1994 17:43:14
Has anybody else looked at the SIO driver from FreeBSD?  I'm still working on that DigiBoard
driver, and have fiddling around with COM.C, it's making me wonder if there isn't a better way..

I've started to go off on a tangent and make a seperate driver, but I think it would be nicer if
I could interface COM.C, SIO.C, DIGI.C, and AST.C into one driver instead of having all seperate
ones.  I have HEARD that the FreeBSD SIO driver get's excellent performance, and I get crappy
performance with my COM driver (No offense Chris, excellent effort!).  Is there a way to get the
SIO driver to work with NetBSD or should I just start over from scratch?  The source didn't look
very pretty...

		-- Rob