Subject: AHA1542C
To: None <current-users@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Michael Graff <explorer@blade.vorpal.com>
List: current-users
Date: 04/16/1994 11:03:26
My machine still fails to work as it should.  :(

I am beginning to believe there is a bug in the 1542C, the kernel, or
by some really odd coincidence I bought two 486 motherboards with bad cache
controllers or memory.

Becuase turning off my external cache ``fixed'' the vm_fault() crashes
I used to get, I decided buying another mboard would help.  Well, I
have to turn that cache off to even get past the fsck.

I don't really have a simple way to not use my scsi controller, and I
don't have another handy to swap in.  Can others who are using this card
please mail me their setup information and system configuration in hopes
I can figgure this damn thing out?

Thanks.

My info:
	16M ram, 486DX/40 (AMD), AMI bios with 256k external cache.
	AHA1542C SCSI controller, with two SCSI2 hard drives hanging off
	it.

--Michael

--
Michael Graff                 <explorer@vorpal.com>
1304 Florida #3               (515) 296-2735