Subject: Re: a couple of IMPORTANT things...
To: James M Chacon <jmc@cis.ksu.edu>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@postgres.Berkeley.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 04/15/1994 20:31:20
> Is this gonna require an entire rebuild of user land sources again? Or, just
> things like mount,fsck,newfs, etc?

with COMPAT_09, it'll require *no* recompile other than the kernel.

if you really want the new stuff, it's stuff like mount*, fsck, newfs,
find, etc.  touching /usr/include/sys/mount.h will show you what gets
rebuilt.  Ignore the chunk of libc that gets rebuilt -- it doesn't use
the changed info.

> Are you going to be increasing the shared library numbers again? In other
> words, should I wait before rebuilding X again?

No, the type name change touches very little.

cgd