Subject: Which Ethernet Card to buy ?
To: None <>
From: Peter Galbavy <>
List: current-users
Date: 04/15/1994 20:29:40

On my small NetBSD box my IDE controller has decided to die and my
8900 based VGA is too slow I am going to be spending some money
tomorrow on a comibined VLB card. While I'm there I want to get a
16bit ethernet card like on my server.

I can get either a 3C509 or a SMC Elite Ultra. I think these are both
supported ?  Apart from the price (the Elite is 10 pounds - 16 dollars
cheaper), is there anything in it for performace / machine load etc ?

Peter Galbavy                                 work:
Wonderland                                    rest:
+44 71 723 9947                               play:
"The 'net interprets censorship as damage and routes around it." - John Gilmore